Monday, September 7, 2015

One of the best welcomes ever...Jack Watts

We got to spend the day with over 100 kids at the school connected with the church we attended yesterday. The kids are 3 to 7 years old and are as cute and well behaved as can be.

They greeted us with song and dance. It was one of the best welcomes I've ever had! The whole team got to join them in a dance and it was fun.
We then played with them for a couple of hours, had a giant water balloon fight, and heard more of their singing. I was with them playing soccer, but spent most of my time tying shoe laces, chasing balls and tickling them.


I then got to ride on a bus home with a boy, Iddi Rasheed, that I sponsor. He is about 6 and didn't speak english, but we made a connection through playing a drawing game on a friend's cell phone. I walked with him to his home with an interpreter, photographer, and some friends. When we got to his home, the interpreter introduced us to his mother who welcomed us to their home. I gave him a couple of toys and several photos of me, and had the interpreter tell them that Jesus loves them and so do I.


After reflecting on the whole day, I feel a serene satisfaction about finally asmeeting Iddi and his family. I know that God was already at work in his family, and I was getting to be a part of that work.


No comments:

Post a Comment