Saturday, September 12, 2015

Making THE mission real:


If you have been on a mission team or the family or friend of a team member you know the planning begins months in advance. As the time draws closer to actually leave the anticipation grows and grows. When you get to the airport on departure day, when the international flight takes off, and when you land at your destination, the phrase "this just got real" gets thrown around.

This is my 3rd mission or discipleship trip and so the nerves of taking off from home and landing somewhere I've never been before weren't there this time for me. However, something else became very real for me today. Many in our church sponsor the children we've come to Africa share God's love with through Real4Christ and have been doing so for almost 2 years. I walk by the picture of my little girl Caroline everyday several times a day in my home in America and today I stood in HER home on the coast of Africa, and prayed for her and her family! In that moment the mission got real!

God has richly blessed me by allowing me and the rest of the team to join HIM in His mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment