Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Best Decision I Could Have Made



The ARBC team just recently got back from Kenya last week, and I was blessed enough to be a part of it. My sister and I had ventured to Kenya in the summer of 2013 and were able to meet all of the amazing kids at both Maasai Corner and Mbewau. Returning to Kenya a few weeks ago was the best decision I could have made! With a team this time, my sister and I arrive at Mbewau--completely overwhelmed. Without realizing what would happen beforehand, we began to recognize face after face of the smiling students. They had grown so much and all we expected was that they would vaguely remember us, but we were well beyond surprised… Later in the day, I saw a few kids I remembered by name and yelled, “Hey, do you remember me?” In unison, they replied, “Yes!--Sky!” Right then and there I could have broken down crying- overwhelmed with emotions of joy and heartache. These kids love us and value us so much more than we could imagine. I felt so much joy because I then realized I had officially built a relationship with them. I was able to build that relationship even more through the week that followed, which put a priceless value on this trip. Each child has a story and getting to know just one of them changed my life. Chris and Lisa have allowed many people to meet the children they sponsor, face to face, and even find the child they want to sponsor by going to the school and seeing these kids in their school atmosphere.


-Sky Williams-
Charleston, SC



No comments:

Post a Comment