Sunday, June 15, 2014

Worship














































Worship. If you asked me several years ago what this mean I would reference cliché Christian music that pretty much sounded the same across the board, or what we do when we go to church. It is a word that holds many different meanings all over the world to many different people groups and religions. Humanity worships many things: idols, money, McDonalds, you name it people are worshipping it! Right now the world is "worshipping" their favorite international team represented at the Fifa World Cup in Brazil (which I am enjoying by the way). I have almost been a Christian for 10 years and I believe that our worship belongs to one God, one savior...Jesus Christ! Worship is more than a song, more than a band, more than what you wear, or more than what you earn. God has shown me worship ought to be our whole existence. All that we do in life ought to be done to bring God the glory he deserves. We sang "Oceans" by Hillsong United on the way to Maasai Corner this morning. It wasn't pretty, but God broke my heart for these people all over again. In our devotion time before we got out of the bus, we talked about everything that we do, whether it's giving a child a hug, attempting to sing a Swahili praise song, or getting schooled in soccer, it is imperative that we worship the Lord in all of that! God has created us for this purpose: to bring Him the glory. This is why Jesus was crucified for our sins, so that we can have a relationship with God and have a purpose for existence! Today, while I was playing soccer, doing rather poorly I might add, I was worshipping him for calling our family to Kenya as missionaries and allowing us to play some part in His great plan, to Reach East African Lives for Christ! These children have nothing, but with Christ they have everything. While I allow materialism to flood my heart and occupy my mind, malnourished children that I have held in my arms are worshipping Christ and content with nothing. I'm humbled and ashamed. God forgive us for our lack of perspective and gluttony. My hope is that we cast down our idols and worship the only one who deserves our entire being. God is working here in Kenya! You need to come and see what the Lord has done! Thank you for your prayers and support of this team. Rachel, Charlie, and Amelia, I love you and miss you so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment