Sunday, April 13, 2014

Kenya Day 2



Today while at MBEWAU worshipping I noticed a few things that spoke to my heart and actually coincided with my scripture that I read in devotion this morning.

I read the scripture John 15:5
Yes I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

I heard someone say that a few years ago, before this ministry of Real 4 Christ was in full motion, the children that attended the church and school came wearing tattered and very dirty clothes. They had hot spots on their heads and hair was sparse due to malnutrition. This mission since has brought nourishment, medical care, food, clothing and Gods word to these families. Thus, our faithfulness in being obedient to God and what He calls us to do has blessed these people in return. Now their faithfulness in learning about God and His love for us has brought them  so far from where they had been. They worship with such heart, singing loud, cheering, dancing praising, and most of all I see a community who loves one another, helps one another and looks out for each other and their well being.

These people of MBEWAU could teach a lot of us about how to worship God, love one another and overcome obstacles in their lives by trusting in God and leaving everything in His hands. Without the mission vision of Real 4 Christ here these lives would not be as blessed as they are today.

The response of the adults and the children here is nothing but warm, welcoming and loving, which is another lesson we could all partake in. This is how God intended us to show love to all of our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Missions has definitely been embedded in my heart forever and the lessons I learn by experiencing missions seem to be endless. Thank you God for making this possible and thank you for helping me get through the obstacles satan kept placing in my path the days before the start if this trip. I am truly blessed to be here in Kenya!....Julie Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment