Monday, April 14, 2014

Kenya Day 3.

Today, my heart is full. I was overwhelmed by the hundreds of smiling faces as we drove up to MBEWAU Academy. They were so happy as they sang their welcome song. I couldn't help but cry as I thought of how much I had missed them. It has been two years since I have been to MBEWAU, but the kids that remembered me came and took my hands and led me to where the guest were supposed to go. They had prepared several songs to sing for us. My favorite song said, "You sugar our tea, you butter our bread, we wonder why You have been so good to us." All I could think was that God has been so good to me. I love these precious little kids and am so grateful to have this time to spend with them. We played games and soccer, sang and had crafts for the kids to do today. As the kids left they were buzzing with excitement, talking about what we might be doing tomorrow. We have a huge surprise for the fourth graders! Riley Craig will share on the blog about what she raised money for them to do tomorrow night. I cannot wait!!! Our missionary Chris Moore told the kids that this would be the most fun thing they have ever done in their life After school, we gathered all the schools' staff and presented them with some presents that we brought for them from the United States. Magellan's donated an umbrella for every staff member to have so that they could travel to school this year through the rainy season and not get soaked. We also had a friend purchase corresponding ponchos and another woman gave colorful bandanas for each one. They were so thankful and cheered as we handed them out! We proceded by asking all the women to stay for a spa experience. We showed them how to make sugar scrubs. We were only going to use it on their hands, but they liked it so much that they scrubbed their faces, arms and legs as well. They said their skin felt like a baby and wanted to be wow all over lol. We have a lady on our team who does pressure point therapy and reflexology, who massaged their hands and arms and we also gave them manicures. They all loved getting pampered and we will definitely do this again someday. I am blessed to be here and loving every minute here in Kenya! Kim Hayes









No comments:

Post a Comment